- Start and finish the self guided rides from our Lowick base, in the middle of the Bay Cycleway
- Free secure car parking while you’re away cycling (only with bike hire)
- Ride north from Lowick to find Coniston Water and the Lake District National park
- Stay in Lowick and ride south to explore the Furness Peninsular, or east to Glasson dock
- ‘Meet and Greet’ at rail stations by arrangement
- A great selection of road bikes to hire including E-Bikes
- Hire bikes suitable for all levels, ages and sizes of cyclists
- Accommodation can be arranged in local pubs or B&Bs
This family-friendly cycle route circumnavigates Morecambe Bay, one of the largest tidal estuaries in Britain. The Bay Cycle Way offers you 4 unique areas to explore:
- The Furness Peninsula …Walney Island and Low Furness
- The Cartmel Peninsula
- Arnside and Silverdale with their area of outstanding beauty.
- Morecambe and Lancaster
Cycle at your own pace while exploring the many visitor attractions, towns, and villages while enjoying the panoramic views. Savour the local food specialities such as Cumbrian Sausage or Cartmel sticky toffee pudding; witness the Bay’s abundant birdlife and enjoy the welcome of the locals.
Why not cycle the entire route over several days taking the opportunity to leave the route to further investigate this unique area of South Cumbria.
Guided adventure rides are available where I can guide you well away from the beaten path on the many lanes that criss-cross this area. Every season is totally different offering renewed vitality to already appreciated views.
Uncover the secrets of this stunning land and seascape. Be intrigued and inspired by this natural environment, washed twice daily by the incoming tides. Investigate the area’s proud heritage, with abbeys, priories, castles, ancient mills, farm houses and stone circles all being a testament to man’s struggle to tame and farm this outstanding area of Britain.
For details local links map and more please visit www.baycycleway700.org.uk
This route is well signed with blue signs 700.