Bike Hire in The Lake District
From our bike hire base in Lowick Green, there is a spiders web of quiet off-road tracks and trails and on road lanes on which to explore the south Lake District. All hired bikes must be collected from and returned to our hire base, located 2 miles south of Lake Coniston and within easy reach of Grizedale Forest.
Grizedale Mountain Bikes ceased to hire bikes in 2020. Lake District Bikes, just south of Grizedale Forest have taken over this bike hire link.
Bikes for Hire in the Lake District… we have the bike for you
Our wide variety of bikes including hybrid E-bikes and mountain E-bikes, suitable for all levels of cyclist are available for hire at Lake District Bikes. We have a bike for everyone to enjoy! Bikes can be hired daily or for longer periods and must be pre-booked online. What better way to discover the breath-taking scenery of the southern Lake District National Park whilst exploring this beautiful area on one of our excellent bikes.
- Situated very close to the southern tip of Lake Coniston and to the west of Lake Windermere
- Huge variety of rides along quiet backroads from the fells to the sea and the mountains beyond
- Easy access to Grizedale Forest and many off-road routes
- All bikes fitted to each individual and adjustments made if necessary
- Full explanation of how E-bikes work with space to try them out before you set off
- Bikes supplied with pump, puncture repair kit and spare inner tube (charge if used)
- Suggestions on suitable scenic routes and colour maps provided
- Free on-site parking, toilet facilities and mains water to fill your water bottle
- Bikes can be delivered to your accommodation can be arranged (chargeable)
- Open all year round: 0830–1700 (summer) and 0900–1600 (winter)
Flagship Bikes – the best top of the range bikes available to hire… On or off-road
What are flagship bikes?
It is very rare for bikes of this calibre to be available for hire as these are the very best bikes of their type. With the lightest frames, wheels and top end components, they offer you a unique opportunity to ride bikes you may only have dreamt about.
Try a flagship full suspension mountain E-bike to float over the many tracks and trails that radiate from our base in Lowick. Zoom off at speed on a carbon or titanium frame road bike with Shimano Di2 electronic gears, making hills a breeze. Or, new for 2021, the Mondraker mountain E-bikes with power to spare in their 625wH batteries. Whichever flagship bike you choose, you will have a great day’s cycling.
Look out for the flagship bikes in the Mountain Bike, Mountain E-bike, Road Bike and Road E-bike sections.
Service Your Bike
Here at Lake District Bikes we hold a stock of essentials like tyres, tubes and chains to keep you on the road and undertake minor emergency repairs. Call 07887 731552. But for larger repairs and servicing we recommend…