Bike Hire in The Lake District
From our bike hire base in Lowick Green, there is a spiders web of quiet off-road tracks and trails and on road lanes on which to explore the south Lake District. All hired bikes must be collected from and returned to our hire base, located 2 miles south of Lake Coniston and within easy reach of Grizedale Forest.
Grizedale Mountain Bikes ceased to hire bikes in 2020. Lake District Bikes, just south of Grizedale Forest have taken over this bike hire link. Find us at: Lake District Bikes, Beckview, Lowick Green, Nr. Ulverston, LA12 8DX.
Situated two miles from the southern end of Lake Coniston.
Easy access to Grizedale Forest along a quiet lane & tracks.
Suggested routes and maps supplied to suit all abilities.
Superb base to explore the beautiful southern Lakes & fells.
Free on-site parking and toilet facilities for all customers.
Open all year round – over 70 unique bikes to hire.
Bikes for Hire in the Lake District… we have the bike for you
Our wide variety of bikes including hybrid E-bikes and mountain E-bikes, suitable for all levels of cyclist are available for hire at Lake District Bikes. We have a bike for everyone to enjoy! Bikes can be hired daily or for longer periods and must be pre-booked online. What better way to discover the breath-taking scenery of the southern Lake District National Park whilst exploring this beautiful area on one of our excellent bikes.
- Situated very close to the southern tip of Lake Coniston and to the west of Lake Windermere
- Huge variety of rides along quiet backroads from the fells to the sea and the mountains beyond
- Easy access to Grizedale Forest and many off-road routes
- All bikes fitted to each individual and adjustments made if necessary
- Full explanation of how E-bikes work with space to try them out before you set off
- Bikes supplied with pump, puncture repair kit and spare inner tube (charge if used)
- Suggestions on suitable scenic routes and colour maps provided
- Free on-site parking, toilet facilities and mains water to fill your water bottle
- Bikes can be delivered to your accommodation by arrangement (chargeable)
- Open all year round: 0830–1700 (summer) and 0900–1600 (winter)
Flagship bikes for hire, what is a flagship hire bike?
What are flagship bikes?
It is very rare for bikes of this calibre to be available for hire as these are the very best bikes of their type. With the lightest frames, wheels and top end components, they offer you a unique opportunity to ride bikes you may only have dreamt about.
Try a flagship full suspension mountain E-bike to float over the many tracks and trails that radiate from our base in Lowick. Zoom off at speed on a carbon or titanium frame road bike with Shimano Di2 electronic gears, making hills a breeze. Or, new for 2021, the Mondraker mountain E-bikes with power to spare in their 625wH batteries. Whichever flagship bike you choose, you will have a great day’s cycling.
Look out for the flagship bikes in the Mountain Bike, Mountain E-bike, Road Bike and Road E-bike sections.
Flagship Elite Full Suspension E-Bike to hire
This Mondraker Crafty RR is a carbon framed full suspension E-Bike. A bike at the top of the Mondraker Crafty range of Enduro / All Mountain E-Bikes.
Flagship Excell E-Mountain Bike
This Mondraker Crafty RR has had an upgrade of all its components. It now boasts Sram Electronic gears and dropper post, Kashima 38 Front forks, Olins rear sprung suspension and many Hope components. Whatever the type of off road riding, enduro or all mountain your in the mood for, this unique bike is for your total pleasure.
Service Your Bike
Here at Lake District Bikes we hold a stock of essentials like tyres, tubes and chains to keep you on the road and undertake minor emergency repairs. Call 07887 731552. But for larger repairs and servicing we recommend…