Starting from Lowick, just to the south of Grizedale Forest
Lake District Bikes offer bespoke guided bike tours for you, your family and your friends. Starting from our bike hire base in Lowick, just four miles to the south of Grizedale Forest, we will take you straight to the heart of some of the best on or off-road cycling in the Lake District.
Forget about the hassle of route planning, the frustration of stopping to read maps, running out of battery on your phone or getting lost! Our guides know the area inside out and will take you on routes that only locals know about.
On our guided tours you will be given an insight into this beautiful historic part of the Lake District riding through countryside that is well away from the main tourist hotspots. Did you know the Industrial Revolution started here? Do you know how the current landscape, so admired by everyone, has been created and how it is under threat? Our guides will share lots of their local knowledge with you.
From gentle meandering rides through pretty villages, cycling alongside the lakeshore, to exhilarating mountain bike adventures in fantastic remote locations – We will create the perfect ride for you!
Guided bike tours are available for a full day (10:30 – 16:00 including a lunch stop) and half days (10:30 – 13:00) or (13:30 – 16:00)
- An experienced guide with in depth knowledge of the area – we live here!
- Road Bikes, Mountain Bikes, Hybrid Bikes, Children’s Bikes, Road E-Bikes, and Mountain E-Bikes available to hire
- Bring your own bike if you wish
- Cycling helmets (mandatory) and fluorescent gilets provided free of charge
- Pre-ride briefing and safety check prior to setting off
- Punctures repaired (new inner tubes are chargeable)
- Free parking on-site
- All rides start and finish at our bike hire base in Lowick
- Guiding and bike hire available all year round
Remember all our guided bike tours are custom made for you, your family or your friends. Telephone or email John about your plans so he can suggest the best options for you. We welcome individual cyclists on their own.