Self Guided Cycling
- Start and finish the self guided rides from our Lowick base
- Free secure car parking while you are away cycling (only with bike hire)
- Bike hire with panniers or bike trailers to carry your own luggage
- Accommodation can be arranged in Lowick and en route
- ‘Meet and Greet’ at rail stations by arrangement
- A great selection of road bikes to hire including E-Bikes
- Hire bikes suitable for all levels, ages and sizes of cyclists
All our rides can be either guided or self-guided, apart from the Coast-to-Coast which is only available as self guided.
We deliver and collect hire bikes for the Coast-to-Coast ride at the start and finish.
Recommended hire bikes for these rides:
Sustrans Cycle Routes in South Cumbria
Sustrans have developed an extensive range of cycle routes throughout the country, covered by Sustrans pocket MAP 31.
Some routes well marked by blue signs for self guided cycling.
Route 72 Ravensglass to Allonby: part of Hadrian’s cycle way
Route 71 Workington to Appleby: the western third of the Coast to Coast
Route 70 Barrow in Furness to Kirkby Stephen: Walney,Wear and Whitby… W2W
Route 68 Sedbergh to Leadgate
Route 700 Barrow to Silverdale: Bay cycle route